Monday 8 June 2015

Monday morning



 After the wind and storms of last week all seems peaceful in the garden today. Everything is growing fast now as you can see from my wild flower bed (above) which has shot up from nothing in the last few weeks. At some point I will post a list of some of the species in the bed with photo's but I need to spend a few hours working out whats there. I also need to start recording some of the insects visiting the flowers. I am so pleased with the decision to create it partly driven by our unwillingness to do anything to tackle the moles that were ruining the tatty bit of lawn we had, not to forget the damage the dogs were doing trying to dig them up :-)


The climbing rose (Bobby James)has taken over my potting shed, if you look closely below you can just make out the side window through the foliage. This monster was planted about 8 yrs ago and is massive, it does however look  amazing once it breaks into flower which should be in the next few weeks.


Meanwhile in the Alpine house this stunning carnation (Duchess of Roxburgh) is in flower. I grow several old greenhouse carnations but this is one of my favourites.


This lovely rose ' That's Jazz' is also in bloom, I planted this one in memory of one of our cats, Jazz who we lost a while back. I am really pleased with it and I think of him every time I see it.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.