Thursday 2 September 2010

Dawn Walk.

I took the dogs out for a walk just after sunrise this morning. The light at this time of year is just amazing for a photographer. I think it is summed up beautifully summed up by the poet John Clare in the opening lines of his poem Rural Morning.

Rural Morning by John Clare

Soon as the twilight through the distant mist
In silver hemmings skirts the purple east,
Ere yet the sun unveils his smiles to view
And dries the morning's chilly robes of dew,




John Clare was a native of this part of the world and also shared my birthday 13th July.

I love walking the fields around here early in the morning, it clears your mind for the day ahead.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos, Gary. My husband and I walk every morning but because of daylight savings time, it is dark for most of our walk these days. And we don't have the rural countryside that you do. But I also love starting the day with a walk. At some times during the year we do see the sun rising just behind the trees as we come round the corner on the return to our house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my, how very pretty. Thank you for sharing.

    Best,
    Lois

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments.