Friday 21 August 2009

They've gone!



We have finally got the house back too ourselves, we have had various visitors staying with us for about 3 weeks. It been great fun having them here and I have really enjoyed the company but it does interrupt your set routines , one of which is writing this blog and taking the photo's for it, so hopefully it will be back too business as usual next week!

One of the things I nearly missed in the garden over the last few weeks was this little flower. It is a hardy climber called Condonoysis tangshen I planted it earlier this year with the hope it would be a spectacular display along a fence, well, maybe next year! I found this flower hiding behind a lavender bush.

I published a request in the village news letter this week for people to save seeds for the seed swap event I hope to run in the village next year. I have no idea what the take up will be but hopefully people will take part. I think it should appeal as in effect it is something for nothing, but the problem with all these things is motivation, we will see.

2 comments:

  1. I have never heard of a seed swap. What a fun idea! I can't wait to hear more about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gary, glad you have got some time to yourselves finally..keep up the great blog!

    Meg

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments.