Tuesday 21 July 2009

A new week



Well I am so pleased the last few weeks are over and life can get back to normal. I have a wedding to go to later this week and I have been asked to take the photos, I am really looking forward to it and feel honoured to have been asked to do the pictures.

As I am writing this it is yet again raining, the last couple of weeks seems to have been nothing but showers. It has made it impossible to get out in the garden to mow the lawn and I find weeding in the rain tedious to say the least. I really do feel sorry for the farmers , harvest has started and they need to get the crops in dry or spend a fortune drying the grain with large oil burning heaters. We had a dryish day yesterday and the combines were out, when we went to bed last night they were still running eventually finishing about midnight.

One positive thing about the rain is our blackcurrants have all swollen up with juice and the marrow I am growing for the village competition is doing really well. More good news is that all 3 hens are now laying, the bad news is none of them could be bothered to lay yesterday, mind you seeing the size of the egg to that of the hen can't say I blame them. ouch!

1 comment:

  1. Brilliant news, I'm so glad you're feeling a bit more upbeat. We've had a lot of showers here in London too. I had to take my daughter to the hairdresser the other day and much to her astonishment, got a minicab home from the station. I normally insist we walk, but I'd suddenly realised it had been dry all day and at last I had a chance to mow the lawn. I couldn't get home fast enough!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments.