Friday 13 February 2009

Just when we thought it was all over!

After last weeks dramas with the snow and all the hassle with transport etc etc, things seemed to be getting back to normal yesterday. I even manage to clear enough of the remaining ice and snow of the veg patch to find the parsnips and manage to dig one out,. managed to get a leek out of the ground too, normality!

Then about tea time....here we go again!




These were taken at about 9pm.

The good news is that it is melting fast this morning. Hopefully it will be a bit warmer over the weekend, I am getting stir crazy as I want to get out into the garden to do some prep work on a couple of beds. I also want to pot up some seeds or at least start stratifying them.

7 comments:

  1. I hope it melts fast Gary. Snow can be such a mess to deal with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope this is the last time, Gary and it'll be all sun for the days to come. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had the same thing happen here earlier in the week. I hope it's the last of the snow for all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know exactly how it feels. In my part of Sweden it's like this every year. I doesn't make me happy at all. I hope you get better weather real soon / gittan

    http://gittans.tradgardsblogg.se

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Gary, it looks like a pretty Christmas card :-(

    Have a happy weekend and Valentine's day/ Tyra

    ReplyDelete
  6. But I'm so jealous. We got excited when our very small bit of snow arrived . . . then it went . . .

    Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful night scenes...romantic walking time!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments.